Although Team Honda HRC had its sights set on another podium finish for AMA Supercross’ return to Minneapolis, Minnesota after a three-year hiatus, the crew was relatively pleased with Cole Seely finishing in fifth despite a mishap early in the main event. When the gate dropped, Seely edged out the competition, scoring the holeshot and taking the early lead. Before the completion of the opening lap, however, Seely tucked the front end in a turn causing him to go down. Sitting in 10th, Seely put his head down and began maneuvering through the field, eventually taking the checkered in fifth, respectively.
- After being slightly off the pace during the day’s first qualifying session, Seely rebounded in the second practice to secure the fourth-fastest lap time at 48.227. The competition is extremely close though, with only .88 seconds separating second place through 13th.
- Slotted in heat 1, Seely got off the line to a mid-pack start but tangled with another rider in turn two, going down and sending him to the back of the pack. He remounted his CRF450R and began his charge forward, ultimately taking the checkered in ninth, forcing him to transfer to the main event via the semi.
- In semi two, Seely scored the holeshot but quickly relinquished two positions in the opening rhythm section. He regained one position by the completion of the six-lap race, crossing the line in second.
- The Minneapolis Supercross marked the kick-off of the 250SX East Coast Championship series and GEICO Honda’s RJ Hampshire came out strong, finishing just shy of the podium in fourth. After an impressive heat race win, teammate Christian Craig crashed early in the main event, ultimately taking the checkered in 12th.
- This week, the series heads to Atlanta for round 8. On Friday, the Honda Red Riders will make their way to the Georgia Dome from 6 to 7 p.m. to sign autographs and hang out with fans for MotoFest before the Arenacross.
THE FOCUS: Renewed Partnership
The 2017 season marked the renewed partnership between Team Honda HRC and Fox Racing after a five-year hiatus. Fox produces the official Team Honda HRC T-shirts, hats, hooded sweatshirts and pit shirts, which are worn by staff and riders. Fox and Honda are also partners with Team HRC in MXGP and Honda Canada/GDR/Fox Racing in the CMRC series. 1995 was Honda’s first season with Fox Racing, and riders that the two companies have shared over the years include Steve Lamson, Doug Henry, Jeremy McGrath, Mickael Pichon, Ezra Lusk, Ricky Carmichael, Ivan Tedesco, Tommy Hahn and now Ken Roczen.
Mandie Fonteyn // Dispatch Communications // firstname.lastname@example.org // +1 (951) 537-0454
450SX Main Event Results
|1||Tomac Eli||3||USA||25||Monster Energy Kawasaki||Kawasaki|
|2||Musquin Marvin||25||FRA||22||Red Bull KTM||KTM|
|3||Dungey Ryan||5||USA||20||Red Bull KTM||KTM|
|4||Anderson Jason||21||USA||18||Rockstar Energy Husqvarna||Husqvarna|
|6||Millsaps David||18||USA||15||Rocky Mountain ATV/MC KTM WPS||KTM|
|7||Tickle Broc||20||USA||14||SmarTop/Bullfrog Spas/MotoConcepts Honda||Honda|
|8||Canard Trey||41||USA||13||Red Bull KTM||KTM|
|9||Baggett Blake||4||USA||12||Rocky Mountain ATV/MC KTM WPS||KTM|
|10||Alessi Mike||800||USA||11||Smartop Bullfrog Spas MotoConcepts Honda||Honda|
|11||Stewart Malcolm||27||USA||10||Monster Energy/Star Racing Yamaha||Yamaha|
|12||Wilson Dean||15||GBR||9||Rockstar Energy Husqvarna||Husqvarna|
|13||Weimer Jacob||12||USA||8||RCH Soaring Eagle Jimmy Johns Suzuki Factory Racing||Suzuki|
|14||Grant Joshua||33||USA||7||Monster Energy Kawasaki||Kawasaki|
|15||Friese Vince||40||USA||6||SmarTop/Bullfrog Spas/MotoConcepts Honda||Honda|
|16||Reed Chad||22||AUS||5||Mountain Motorsports/CBDmd/CR22 Racing||KTM|
|17||Barcia Justin||51||USA||4||TLD/Red Bull GasGas||GasGas|
|18||Schmidt Nicholas||USA||3||TPJ/Fly Racing||Suzuki|
|19||Clason Cade||280||USA||2||PR-MX Pelletier Kawasaki||Kawasaki|
|20||Albertson Jimmy||77||USA||1||Jimmy Albertson Racing||KTM|
|21||Ray Alex||83||USA||1||SGB Racing/Maxxis/Babbitt's Kawasaki||Kawasaki|
|22||Enticknap Adam||722||USA||1||Twisted Tea/HEP Motorsports Suzuki||Suzuki|