The final Texas race and round 12 of the 2021 AMA Supercross season saw Team Honda HRC’s Ken Roczen lead most of the main event before finishing in second place, while his teammate Chase Sexton showed impressive speed all day before suffering a hard crash in the main. In the 250SX West class, Hunter Lawrence had a good day aboard his CRF250R, finishing fifth.
Roczen nailed the holeshot in the main event, with title rivals Cooper Webb and Eli Tomac not far behind. The German was the fastest rider through most of the track, although he lost time in the sand section. After losing the lead seven laps from the end, Roczen held on to finish runner-up, just 1.4 seconds back. Meanwhile, Sexton also rode strong until taking a hard crash in the sand section on lap four and withdrawing.
Running the red plate, Lawrence was a contender for a podium position with only four laps remaining in the 250SX West main, when he over-jumped a triple and went over the following berm, into the catch net. The Australian quickly remounted and salvaged a fifth place finish.
- Team Honda HRC reserved time on Thursday at Compound 77, a private riding facility on the Texas/Oklahoma border, where Chase Sexton got in laps practicing and testing.
- Prior to the evening program, Ken Roczen had a socially distanced meet-and-greet with the Dykstra family, winners of his 2020 All In Challenge, a campaign through which athletes, teams and celebrities help provide food to those in need. The winning prize—a trip to a race—was unfortunately delayed by COVID-19, but Team Honda HRC provided the family with tickets for the third Arlington race. Roczen also presented the Dykstras with a signed hat and
- Team Honda HRC provided Road 2 Recovery with signed jerseys from Roczen, Sexton and Hunter Lawrence to help support veteran racer Todd DeHoop, who suffered a crash at the recent Daytona Vintage Supercross and sustained a spinal-cord injury. DeHoop, who raced Hondas during the mid-’90s, is currently recovering at Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital in Grand Rapids, Michigan, near his hometown of Hudsonville.
- The track layout for Arlington 3 was modified once again, this time with one of the most technical layouts the series has seen thus far, presenting riders with multiple rhythm-lane combinations.
- In qualifying for the 250SX West class, Lawrence posted the fifth-fastest time at 935”, in the final session. Muc-Off Honda’s Mitchell Harrison was eighth in the combined times, Phoenix Racing Honda’s Kyle Peters and Enzo Lopes were seventh and 17th, respectively, and FXR Chaparral Honda riders Coty Schock and Carson Mumford were 12th and 14th.
- Sexton was the top 450SX qualifier, with a 48.143” lap time in the final session. Roczen finished with the third-best overall time, a 48.328”, and SmarTop/Bullfrog Spas/MotoConcepts riders Broc Tickle and Vince Friese were 12th and 16th, respectively, while their teammate Benny Bloss sat the race out to recover from a crash at the previous round. Muc-Off Honda rider Justin Brayton also missed this race, as he recovers from a crash at the Tuesday race, but his teammate Mitchell Oldenburg had the 18th-best time.
- Lawrence rode to a solid second-place finish in 250SX West heat 2, while Peters and Lopes were sixth and ninth, respectively. In heat 1, Schock and Mumford finished third and fifth.
- Roczen rode to an impressive win in 450SX heat 2, with Sexton finishing a close second, and Tickle, Friese and Oldenburg took spots 7 through 9 in heat 1.
- With only five rounds remaining, the AMA Supercross series will now take a 20-day break before the teams head to Atlanta for a triple-header.
Kayla Mead // Jonnum Media // firstname.lastname@example.org // +1 (760) 822-4786
|1||Webb Cooper||2||USA||Red Bull KTM||KTM|
|2||Roczen Ken||94||GER||Team Honda HRC||Honda|
|3||Tomac Eli||3||USA||Monster Energy Kawasaki||Kawasaki|
|4||Barcia Justin||51||USA||TLD/Red Bull GasGas||GasGas|
|5||Anderson Jason||21||USA||Rockstar Energy Husqvarna||Husqvarna|
|6||Stewart Malcolm||27||USA||Monster Energy/Star Racing Yamaha||Yamaha|
|7||Ferrandis Dylan||14||USA||Monster Energy/Star Racing Yamaha||Yamaha|
|8||Savatgy Joey||17||USA||Rocky Mountain ATV/MC KTM WPS||KTM|
|9||Plessinger Aaron||7||USA||Monster Energy/Star Racing Yamaha||Yamaha|
|10||Wilson Dean||15||GBR||Rockstar Energy Husqvarna||Husqvarna|
|11||Tickle Broc||20||USA||Monster Energy Kawasaki||Kawasaki|
|12||Friese Vince||62||USA||SmarTop/Bullfrog Spas/MotoConcepts Honda||Honda|
|13||Anstie Max||34||GBR||Twisted Tea/HEP Motorsports Suzuki||Suzuki|
|14||Oldenburg Mitchell||54||USA||Muc-Off Honda||Honda|
|15||Chisholm Kyle||11||USA||Chisholm Racing||KTM|
|16||Davalos Martin||53||USA||Team Tedder/Monster Energy/Lucas Oil/KTM Racing||KTM|
|17||Starling Justin||95||USA||AJE Motorsports||Husqvarna|
|18||Hartranft Brandon||41||USA||Twisted Tea/HEP Motorsports Suzuki||Suzuki|
|19||Ray Alex||87||USA||SGB Racing/Maxxis/Babbitt's Kawasaki||Kawasaki|
|20||Bowers Tyler||83||USA||Bowers Racing||Kawasaki|
|21||Sexton Chase||23||USA||Team Honda HRC||Honda|
|22||Musquin Marvin||25||FRA||Red Bull KTM||KTM|
250SX West Region Results
|1||Cooper Justin||32||USA||Monster Energy/Star Racing Yamaha||Yamaha|
|2||McAdoo Cameron||48||USA||Monster Energy/Pro Circuit Kawasaki||Kawasaki|
|3||Hammaker Seth||47||USA||Monster Energy/Pro Circuit Kawasaki||Kawasaki|
|4||Swoll Jalek||31||USA||Rockstar Energy Husqvarna||Husqvarna|
|5||Lawrence Hunter||96||AUS||Team Honda HRC||Honda|
|6||Marchbanks Garrett||35||USA||Club MX||Yamaha|
|7||Blose Chris||66||USA||AJE Motorsports/Motul||GasGas|
|8||Peters Kyle||52||USA||Phoenix Racing Honda||Honda|
|9||Thrasher Nate||49||USA||Monster Energy/Star Racing Yamaha||Yamaha|
|10||Frye Jarrett||39||USA||Monster Energy/Star Racing Yamaha||Yamaha|
|11||Owen Jace||68||USA||Club MX||Yamaha|
|12||Mumford Carson||43||USA||FXR/Chaparral Honda Racing||Honda|
|13||Thury Dominique||98||USA||Club MX||Yamaha|
|14||Shock Coty||37||USA||FXR/Chaparral Honda Racing||Honda|
|16||Wageman RJ||99||USA||Team Solitaire/Nuclear Blast Yamaha||Yamaha|
|17||Lopes Enzo||80||USA||Phoenix Racing Honda||Honda|
|20||Munoz Hardy||93||USA||Team Solitaire/Nuclear Blast Yamaha||Yamaha|
|21||Hicks Michael||460||USA||Big St Charles Motorsports||KTM|
|22||Kelley Derek||74||USA||AJE Motorsports/Motul||GasGas|