Round 11 of the AMA Supercross series at Indianapolis’s Lucas Oil Stadium left something to be desired for Team Honda HRC, as Ken Roczen finished eighth for the second weekend in a row, while teammate Cole Seely was 12th. Throughout the day, Roczen struggled to find his momentum. In the main event, the German got off to an unexceptional start, taking the green flag in eighth. He attempted to make his way forward but was unable to do so and maintained that position throughout the entire 20-minute-plus-one-lap race. Seely started in 14thand worked his way into 11thmidway through the race, but was passed on the final lap.
- Less than 10 miles from Lucas Oil Stadium sits Dreyer Honda, the oldest Honda dealership in the United States, where Ken Roczen and Cole Seely made an appearance on Friday evening. The two were joined by GEICO Honda’s Chase Sexton and Christian Craig, as well as BWR Honda riders Tyler Enticknap, Carlen Gardner and Cade Autenrieth as they signed autographs and posed for photos with a large turnout of excited fans.
- Once again, teams fought cold temperatures in Indiana. With a high of under 50 degrees, Team Honda HRC only set up their technical truck, not the hospitality truck. “We have a minimal crew in Indiana, and not that many guests,” said team manager Erik Kehoe. “Plus with the weather, we decided to only set up the tech truck and set up a few tables under there for staff to eat.”
- During the day’s timed qualifying practice, both Roczen and Seely struggled to find their pace on the Indianapolis track. Roczen landed 10th-fastest with a 49.311” time, while Seely was 11that 49.355”.
- The Indianapolis track showcased a split-lane turn before a whoop section, but Seely felt it wasn’t effective. “I honestly think it was kind of pointless,” he said. “They try to do the split lanes, whether in a turn or rhythm section, but either way, there’s always going to be a faster line. Like here, everyone is going to the inside so it’s a little silly.”
- Indy was another strong showing for GEICO Honda’s Chase Sexton, who scored his first heat-race win of the season en route to another second-place 250SX East main-event finish. As the series now heads west, Sexton will have a few weeks off before contesting the Nashville Supercross on April 6. He advanced to second in the championship, with 125 points.
- Team Honda HRC heads back to the West Coast for this coming Saturday’s event at Seattle’s CenturyLink Stadium for round 12 of the AMA Supercross Series, one night after making a dealer appearance at South Bound Motorsports in Lakewood, Washington.
Mandie Fonteyn // Jonnum Media // firstname.lastname@example.org// +1 (951) 537-0454
450SX Main Event Results
|1||Musquin Marvin||25||FRA||Red Bull KTM||KTM|
|2||Baggett Blake||4||USA||Rocky Mountain ATV/MC KTM WPS||KTM|
|3||Webb Cooper||2||USA||Red Bull KTM||KTM|
|4||Tomac Eli||3||USA||Monster Energy Kawasaki||Kawasaki|
|5||Barcia Justin||51||USA||TLD/Red Bull GasGas||GasGas|
|6||Savatgy Joey||17||USA||Rocky Mountain ATV/MC KTM WPS||KTM|
|7||Osborne Zach||16||USA||Rockstar Energy Husqvarna||Husqvarna|
|8||Roczen Ken||94||GER||Team Honda HRC||Honda|
|9||Wilson Dean||15||GBR||Rockstar Energy Husqvarna||Husqvarna|
|10||Brayton Justin||10||USA||Muc-Off Honda||Honda|
|11||Reed Chad||22||AUS||Mountain Motorsports/CBDmd/CR22 Racing||KTM|
|13||Bowers Tyler||83||USA||Bowers Racing||Kawasaki|
|14||Hill Justin||46||USA||Smartop Bullfrog Spas MotoConcepts Honda||Honda|
|15||Bogle Justin||19||USA||Rocky Mountain ATV/MC KTM WPS||KTM|
|16||Chisholm Kyle||11||USA||Chisholm Racing||Kawasaki|
|17||Alessi Mike||800||USA||Smartop Bullfrog Spas MotoConcepts Honda||Honda|
|20||Enticknap Adam||722||USA||Twisted Tea/HEP Motorsports Suzuki||Suzuki|
|21||Lamay Ben||71||USA||TPJ/Fly Racing||Honda|